Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Let the River Run - Carly Simon - Working Girl - 1988





I miss the old Car Ferry Boats. No car boats with use of the car space since 911. And the Bottom Deck the Smoking Deck until about 1990. What a blow. All the dregs came up to the saloon deck wit snob me lol. They were steel of course, with lots of varnished wood church pew like seats and black marbleized battleship linoleum. Painted inside with government issue battleship gray paint and white. The new Boats suck. All shiny and steel seats and store bought exit signs. 

My 3 seconds of fame or my doppelganger 0:19-0:22. Not me I think, I don't remember shaving on the boat or that my glasses were that thick. But I was that ruggedly handsome. lol 

And let's not forget Kevin Spacey's breakout sexual predator scene on music video 1:05-1:08. 

The script was a rip of fake junk-bond era, non-reality. But all the background NYC stuff a nostalgic historic slice of the old Apple. And a historic record so to speak.

The scenes in the #7 WTC with the polished elevator doors a tragic reminder of 911. Of things gone wrong with America. And tragedy etc. "Come the New Jerusalem"? RIP etc. 

Whatever. :-)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment